Baby Arugula Salad with Lemon Honey Vinaigrette is super simple and scrumptious! I love the simplicity of the peppery arugula with the sweetness of heirloom tomatoes and the crunch of English cucumber chunks. Add a handful of toasted walnuts, and a perfect Lemon Honey Vinaigrette dressing. This can be your go-to side salad for any grilled or heavy meat dish such as Grilled Leg of Lamb. It is refreshing and aids digestion. While arugula is most often associated with Italian recipes, it is also known in Britian as “rocket”.
I have found that the pre-washed baby arugula sold in grocery stores is a great bargain. You only need a handful for a single salad. You can also throw it your green smoothies, or add to a prosciutto and mozzarella sandwich.
Arugula Salad with Lemon Honey Vinaigrette
- 4 ounces fresh walnut halves
- 8 ounces baby arugula washed
- 1 English cucumber sliced in chunks
- 1 heirloom tomato stemmed and cut in chunks
- 4 ounces fresh snap peas trimmed and washed
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Toast the walnuts in a small skillet on the stove top for 5 minutes, tossing to lightly brown and get fragrant. Do not let burn. Transfer to a small bowl, sprinkle a touch of salt, and let cool until needed.
- To make the vinaigrette, add the mustard, salt, pepper, lemon juice and honey in a glass jar and shake to thoroughly combine. Add the olive oil, and shake again until emulsified.
- Toss the arugula, tomatoes, cucumber, snap peas, and walnuts in a large salad bowl. Drizzle Lemon Honey Vinaigrette over salad and toss.
- Serve immediately.