I love the color and texture of roasted carrots when they are cooked right – al dente or just tender. They should still hold their shape when picked up, and not bend or go limp. The balsamic glaze gives that perfect balance of sweet and tangy. If you can find a store-bought Balsamic glaze, that is a great way to garnish the dish. Of course you can make your own glaze by reducing a ½ cup of balsamic vinegar by half over the heat. I like to keep a bottle of Balsamic glaze in the pantry for quick hit of flavor as needed.
Balsamic-glazed Roasted Carrots
- 2 lbs whole carrots trimmed and peeled
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 TB Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 375F
- Place carrots on baking sheet. Mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar together in a small bowl and drizzle over the carrots. Roll the carrots around in the pan to ensure all sides are coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until carrots are just tender and the outsides are brown and caramelized.
- Can be served warm or room temperature.