This cherry chocolate chip cheesecake tastes as good as it looks! My niece Lexi is known for her amazing chocolate chip cheesecake. This is her recipe with the addition of a cherry topping for a special Christmas dessert. There is something wonderful about the combination of mini-chocolate chips and tart cherry topping. It is easy to make. The crust is a no-bake crust, and the filling is quick and easy. All you need is a springform pan. It is best served cold with a cup of steaming coffee.
Lexi's Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 3 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ⅔ ’s cups mini-chocolate chip large chips will not work
- 1 15 ounce can tart cherry pie filling
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
- Make Crust: Spray a 9 inch springform pan with baking spray. Place springform pan on a baking sheet for easier handling.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a bowl. Add melted butter and stir until all cracker crumbs are coated.
- Press crumb mixture in pan, forming a crust 2 inches up the sides. Pack the crust down well with your hand.
- Make filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy and smooth.
- Stir in by hand mini-chocolate chips. Pour filling on top of crust. Tap gently to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 250 degrees and continue baking for 30 minutes longer. The center will slightly jiggle when done. Remove from oven and let completely cool on the counter to set.
- Spread cherry pie filling over top. Cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove cake from springform pan, and serve.