Cranberry & Tangerine Chutney with Mango is an amazing condiment that is bright, sweet & tart and spicy. The addition of ginger, cinnamon and curry powder gives this chutney its bold flavor profile. Serve it with a grilled meat such as Lamb Lollipops, or a Cuban style roasted Turkey Mojo Criollo.
I found this family heirloom recipe at the wonderful blog WiveswithKnives. I modified it to add chopped dried mango and used fresh tangerines instead canned manadrin segments. Check it out for some interesting ways to serve it.
It is easy to make! Prep all the fresh and dried fruits.
Mix all the ingredients in a heavy dutch oven pot on the stovetop and cook for 40 minutes.
Allow to cool. It will thicken as it cools. Store in glass jars or a glass bowl.
Cranberry & Tangerine Chutney with Mango
- 3 cups fresh cranberries 2 - 12 ounce bags
- 1 large Granny Smith apple cored, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1-½ cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup candied crystallized ginger, chopped
- ⅓ cup dried mango chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 clementine tangerines peeled, pith removed and segments cut in half
- Combine all ingredients in a large, heavy pot or Dutch oven on the stovetop. Turn to the heat to medium high and bring to a boil, stirring the ingredients to evenly combine. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the hot chutney to a glass bowl or jars. It will thicken as it cools.
- Serve room temperature or cool.
- Keeps well in the fridge for weeks.