Crockpot Chili is a perfect recipe for a cold, snowy winter day. This is a classic and easy recipe that will please kids, husbands and crowds alike. Put it on early, and let it cook for 6 hours. It can keep on warm in the crockpot for hours.
Serve it loaded with cheese and with a cold beer while watching football. Or serve it while watching Will Farrell's movie Elf with a side of Christmas Cookies and Candy Canes. Crockpot Chili is comfort food, versatile and healthy too.
Classic Crockpot Chili
- 3 lbs. ground beef
- 1 large white onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced (or to taste)
- 2 28- ounce cans crushed tomato sauce
- 2 15- ounce cans red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne chili pepper or to taste
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat a large skillet on the stovetop over medium high heat. Break up the ground beef with your hand and add to the pan. Crumble the beef further to small chunks with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Add the onion and cook until the beef is brown and the onions are translucent. Add the spices and mix to evenly combine.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a large crockpot. Add the tomatoes, kidney beans, and jalapeno. Stir to combine. Cover the crock pot and put on low for 6 hours.
- Serve chili with grated cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, and a dollop of sour cream if desired.