Are you stuck indoors and looking to make some healthy comfort food. This Detox Soup is designed to boost immunity and provide maximum health benefits.
My Detox Soup is one of the best tasting soups you will ever have. The flavor is amazing. Ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, lemon, and cayenne pepper are magical when cooked with lots of healthy veggies. Now is a great time to detox your system Make a big batch of this healing and cleansing Detox Soup.
Each ingredient in the Detox Soup has been selected to perform a health benefit. This soup does not have any grains or noodles. The fat is minimal with one tablespoon of healthy olive oil, and a small amount of beans have been added for protein. The rest of the soup is loaded with vegetables, spices and herbs that will nourish and cleanse your whole body. Sip on it all day for a great one-day detox anytime during the year!
Dedicate one day to enjoying only Detox Soup for all your meals and drinking lots of lemon water. Or you can just have a big bowl of Detox Soup for dinner 7 nights in a row. Eat nothing else after 6pm. Either way, your body will feel cleansed and nourished.
Immune Boosting Detox Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil MUFA helps lower blood sugar and cholesterol
- 1 medium yellow and/or red onion diced (reduces inflammation)
- 6 cloves garlic minced (boosts immune system)
- 2 inch chunk fresh ginger peeled and minced (boosts immune system)
- 4 celery stalks diced (adds fiber & vitamins)
- 4 medium carrots diced (antioxidant, and adds fiber & vitamins)
- 1 small head of broccoli florets (adds fiber & vitamins)
- 1 14 ounce can tomatoes or 1 cup fresh diced (high in antioxidants)
- 8 ounce crimini or shiitake mushrooms reduces inflammation
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts drained and halved (stimulates bile flow)
- 1 14 ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed (adds protein and fiber)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder anti-inflammatory and antioxidant
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon helps lowers blood sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste (decongestant and appetite suppressant)
- 1 bay leaf
- fine-grain sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 cups low sodium vegetable stock aids weight loss and adds minerals
- 2 cups kale or spinach de-stemmed and cut in thin strips (antioxidant, and adds fiber & vitamins)
- 1 cup purple cabbage chopped (detoxifier and aids weight loss)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley minced (antioxidant)
- 1 large lemon juiced (liver cleanse)
- In a large enamel pot over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and saute the onion, ginger and garlic until soft. Add the celery, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper plus salt and pepper to taste. Add the vegetable stock, artichoke hearts, and chickpeas and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes for the flavors to merge.
- Add in the kale, cabbage, parsley and lemon juice and simmer 5 more minutes or until vegetables just start to soften.
- Serve hot.