Fresh Corn Dip with Cheddar Cheese & Jalapeno is super delicious! It is a perfect snack for a party or a yummy side with grilled burgers. Both kids and adults will love it. Just adjust the amount of jalapeno to your families liking. You will never have leftovers.
The secret is using fresh corn on the cob and leaving the kernels in bite size blocks of sweet corn. I love this Mexican style dip served chilled with lots of lime wedges and Tostitos Scoops! – the little corn chip cups. It is quick and easy to make. The corn on the cob is quick to cook for this great dip. Just follow my 3-Minute Magic Corn-On-Cob recipe for a quick steam in the microwave! No shucking, no pans and no mess!
Fresh Corn Dip with Cheddar Cheese & Jalapeno
- 6 ears of fresh corn enough for 6 cups of corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounce block of cheddar cheese diced into small cubes
- 1- 2 jalapeños seeded and chopped (or adjust to taste)
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook the whole fresh ear of corn with the husks in the microwave on high for three minutes. Cut off the end and squeeze the corn out. It will come out clean and steamed. Cook two at a time.
- When the corn is cooled, slice off the long rows of corn. Most of the kernels will fall apart but leave as many as you can in bite-size blocks. It is easiest to hold the corn over a large bowl to catch all the kernels.
- Place the cut corn in a large glass bowl. Add the jalapeno, onion, and cilantro. Mix gently to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, cumin, salt and black pepper.
- Add the sour cream mixture and cheddar cheese to the corn bowl and fold until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve chilled with your favorite corn chip and lime wedges.