OMG - Garlic Bread is so easy and delicious to make. The secret is to use quality ingredients - fresh Italian bread or a French baguette, soft butter, garlic powder, and freshly grated parmesan cheese. It is a perfect balance of crunchy, buttery, and cheesy. The joke growing up was about how many times my Mom burnt the garlic bread. Stay near the oven and when you smell it, it is done. This recipe is one of two that I will use garlic powder. Otherwise always use fresh garlic!
- 1 loaf freshly-made Italian bread
- ½ stick softened butter
- 1 TB garlic powder not garlic salt
- ¼ TB Kosher salt
- 1 cup freshly-grated parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat to 400F.
- Cut loaf lengthwise.
- Thickly spread butter on cut sides. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and parmesan cheese.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment, foil or a silicon mat (just makes easier cleaning).
- Bake for 5-7 minutes and then broil for 3-4 more minutes. Keep a close eye on the bread in the oven. It is done when the top is golden and slightly browned. Take out and let cool 1-2 minutes.
- Cut in 2 inch pieces and serve piled in a basket.