Garlic Sesame Broccoli Stir Fry is fast to make and lip-smacking good! The quick heat on the garlic captures the fragrance and the salty soy sauce pairs perfectly with the crunchy, bright green broccoli. The toasted sesame seeds and oil add a depth of flavor that works beautifully with Chinese cuisine.
Garlic Sesame Broccoli Stir Fry
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Pinch of red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 large bunch broccoli trimmed and chopped into bite-size pieces (enough for 5 cups of sliced stems and florets)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce and cornstarch to combine. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- In a wok over high heat high, add peanut oil and let the wok get very hot but before the oil smokes.
- Add the chopped broccoli and toss to coat all with oil. Cook for about 2 minutes, tossing often.
- Add the garlic and toss more so they don’t burn. The broccoli should be bright green at this point.
- Reduce heat to medium, then add the soy cornstarch mixture and stir well to coat.
- Add the water and toss to thin out the sauce. Cover the wok and let cook a few more minutes until the broccoli is fork tender but still crunchy. Toss again so everything is coated evenly.
- Transfer the hot broccoli to a serving platter. Sprinkle with toasted seeds and a drizzle of sesame seed oil.
- Serve immediately.