This is the perfect spring appetizer! Pick up with your fingers and bite into a slightly crunchy, grilled asparagus stalk wrapped in a salty, sweet sweater of prosciutto. OK maybe a bit much, but the taste is divine! Drizzle with store-bough balsamic glaze for an extra zap of goodness. The char and smoke from the grill add lots of depth. Grilled prosciutto is better than bacon – not as greasy! Grilled Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto are super easy to make too. Just wrap a slice of think prosciutto around the asparagus and grill. Done.
Grilled Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto
- 12 asparagus trimmed and washed
- 8 ounces prosciutto thinly sliced
- Drizzle of olive oil for grilling
- Balsamic glaze for garnish
- Wrap one slice of prosciutto around one asparagus stalk. The fat in the prosciutto will help it stick at each end. Complete wrapping all asparagus.
- Lightly brush olive oil on the asparagus before grilling.
- Grill for 5 minutes over medium high heat, turning often.
- Place a a platter and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately