Looking for super simple and elegant Italian appetizers with only a few ingredients! Figs Stuffed with Sweet Pistachio Mascarpone is one of the best. Two of the ingredients, dried Calimryna figs and Sweet Pistachio Spread by Villa Reale, can be kept in your pantry ready for last minute entertaining. Add Mascarpone cheese, some chopped pistachios and a drizzle of Balsamic Glaze and you have a fabulous appetizer in 10 minutes!
I discovered Villa Reale Sweet Pistachio Spread at the National Restaurant Show. Click here to ready about my Top 5 Finds. One taste and I was hooked. The bright green color, and earthy pistachio are sweetened for a amazing spread. Think pistachio Nutella! Sicily is renowned for its pistachios because of the volcanic-rich soil. Villa Reale crafts their conserves in small batches with pure, wholesome ingredients. You can enjoy the spread on a toasted croissant or with a biscotti. I wanted something more and came up with this concoction. I love the drizzle of balsamic to cut the overall sweetness. Add this simple and substantive treat to your repertoire of Italian appetizers!
Here is the step-by-step picture guide.
Snip off the hard tip from the stem of the soft dried figs. I like the golden color and sweet taste of Orchard Choice Calymrna figs.
The trimmed, soft figs can be easily shaped into little cups. Use your thumb to push a dimple in the center.
Mix Villa Reale Sweet Pistachio Spread with room temperature Mascarpone cheese. I love the beautiful green color of the Sicilian pistachio paste.
Spoon or pipe the filling into the dimple of each figs. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios for crunch, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze for the perfect balance.
Serve with a chilled glass of Sicilian Catarratto white wine.
Dried Figs Stuffed with Sweet Pistachio Mascarpone
- 12 dried soft Calimyrna figs
- 3 tablespoons Villa Reale Sweet Pistachio Spread
- ½ cup Mascarpone cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios chopped
- Balsamic Glaze for garnish
- Snip the hard tip off the fig stem. With your thumb, push down on the center of the fig to create a dimple in the middle. Repeat for all figs.
- In a small bowl, mix the Mascarpone and Sweet Pistachio Spread until well combined.
- Scoop or pipe a teaspoon of filling into the center dimple of each fig.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Can be served room temperature or chilled.
This post is sponsored by Villa Reale U.S.A. Sweet Pistachio Spread by Villa Reale can be purchased at most Jewel-Osco, Safeway, HyVee and Schnucks retail locations. I only work with brands that I truly love and recommend. Thank you for supporting the brands that support HomemadeItalianCooking.com