Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake is perfect for Spring and your Easter Brunch, and is one of my most requested recipes. It is refreshing and light, yet dense and creamy and yummy at the same time. Grab a girlfriend and cup of coffee and gab away over this Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake.
It is loaded with Italian whole-milk ricotta cheese, cream cheese and a dollop of sour cream to create a dense, yet light cake. The traditional graham cracker crust adds a bite of crunch and structure. What makes it scrumptious is the addition of fresh lemon juice and zest. The tangy lemon is balanced with the sweetened ricotta for a lip-smacking balance. Keep it simple with a dusting of powdered sugar and serve the homemade Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake with a strong Italian roast coffee.
Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake is easy to make. The graham cracker crust is pre-baked in a springform pan. The rest of the ingredient are mixed until smooth in a stand mixer, and then poured over the cooled crust. Bake for 90 minutes and let set in the fridge overnight.
If you like this Cheesecake, check out our family Christmas favorite, a Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake.
Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1/4 cup 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- (2) 8 ounce packages (total 16 ounces) cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 16 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese drained 2 hours up to overnight
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/2 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Fresh mint and lemon slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease the inside and bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Place the springform pan on a baking sheet for easier handling and to catch any drips.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Pour the melted butter over the top and mix with a spatula until well combined. Press onto the bottom of the springform pan. Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 15 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk the cream cheese, sour cream, ricotta, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and lemon extracts until smooth. Add the lemon juice and zest and stir to combine. Add the beaten eggs, and whisk on low just until combined. Pour filling into the cooled crust.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour 30 minutes or until center is almost set. (It won’t “jiggle” when gently moved). Remove from oven and let the cake cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours or longer. Cover the cake with a paper towel, and cover the paper towel and pan with plastic wrap. The paper towel will help absorb any moisture. Refrigerate overnight. The cheesecake will shrink as it cools.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cake if needed, and unmold. Dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar. Garnish with mint and lemon slices if desired.