This is an amazing and unique version of garlic bread. It uses Pecorino cheese and Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic Blend seasoning. I always load my garlic bread with lots of butter and broil it until the cheese is bubbly and hot. The result is a super flavorful and cheesy bread appetizer.
Mrs. Dash Tomato, Basil, Garlic Blend seasoning is an intense, salt-free blend of sun-dried tomatoes, garlic powder , basil and spices. I always keep a jar in my pantry for those times when I don’t have fresh ingredients. I am not compensated in any way by endorsing this product. I just like it. Credit goes to my friend Dave G. for recommending Mrs Dash Tomato Basil Garlic Blend seasoning. He likes to put it on grilled chicken. I will have to try that next.
Mrs. Dash Tomato, Basil Garlic Bread
- 3 tablespoons Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil, Garlic Blend seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ stick butter softened
- ½ cup pecorino cheese freshly grated
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 loaf focaccia bread
- Fresh tomato slices optional
- Mix Mrs. Dash seasoning and salt in a small bowl.
- Split focaccia in half lengthwise. Spread each cut side with butter.
- Sprinkle with the spice mixture.
- Top with the grated cheese.
- Broil for 6 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Cut in strips and serve hot.
Note: If you don’t have Mrs. Dash Tomato, Basil, Garlic Blend use this combination:
- tablespoons dried sun-dried tomato, finely minced
- tablespoons dried basil
- tablespoon dried garlic powder