These baby eggplant are delightful vegetables, and wonderful as a side dish or appetizer. We like to scoop the insides and use like butter or hummus on crostini.
Roasted Baby Eggplant with Parmesan
- 6 - 8 baby eggplants
- 2 TB Kosher salt
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp each oregano and thyme minced
- 1 tsp each fine sea salt black pepper & red pepper flakes
- ½ lemon
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup flat parsley chopped
- Cut the baby eggplant in half lengthwise. Place in colander, salt liberally, and cover with a heavy dish to drain for 30 minutes. Wipe the salt from the eggplant and dry with a paper towel. This will help remove the bitterness from the eggplant.
- Put the eggplant in a bowl, and mix in the olive oil and spices. Squeeze the juice of ½ lemon. Makes sure each eggplant are well covered.
- Place the eggplant face down on an oiled baking sheet.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes.
- Remove the eggplant, and place face-up on a platter. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and pasley.
- Serve. They are also good at room temperature. You can also scoop out the eggplant from the skins, and use like butter on crostini.