This really is the BEST homemade Peanut Sauce! When served with my Grilled Chicken Satay, it is over-the-top delicious! You won't believe how easy it to make --- in only 7 minutes.
I was so excited when I figured out a perfect recipe based on easy-to-get pantry items. One trick is using a combination of Cream of Coconut, Coconut Milk, and Creamy All-Natural Peanut Butter. The secret to the flavor is to use a good Red Curry Paste. My favorite is Maesri Red Curry Paste that comes in a small can. I order it online and keep them in the pantry. Adjust the amount of Red Curry Paste to your preferred level of spiciness. I use the whole 4-ounce can!
The recipe will make enough for multiple meals. It keeps well in the fridge for weeks and even freezes well. Serve with grilled Chicken Satay.
The Best Peanut Sauce for Satay
- 1 13.5 oz can of full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 13.5 oz can Coconut Cream
- 1 4 oz can Maesri Red Curry paste (adjust to taste for the desired level of spiciness)
- 1 16 oz jar Smuckers All Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Add all ingredients to a non-stick, large saucepan on the stovetop. Cook over medium heat. Gently whisk all ingredients until smooth. Keep whisking until the sauce comes to a simmer. Turn the heat down, and let simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure the mixture does not burn on the bottom of the pan. If the sauce is too thick you can add a tablespoon or two of water to thin out.
- Remove the Peanut Sauce from stovetop and allow to cool for 15 minutes. The Peanut Sauce can be served slightly warm or room temperature. Serve the sauce with Vietnamese Rice Paper Wraps or Satay.
- Store extra Peanut Sauce in a glass jar in the refrigerator. It will keep for weeks, or can be frozen.