A beautiful salad of bitter greens and tart cherries is a great accompaniment to a rich meat entree. It is also a healthy lunch salad with the addition of sunflower seeds for protein. Either way you will love this Tuscan salad on an Autumn Day.
Tuscan Greens Salad with Sunflower Seeds and Tart Cherry Vinaigrette
- 6 - 8 leaves Swiss Chard stemmed, thinly sliced
- small head Radicchio cored and thinly sliced
- 6 - 8 leaves Tuscan Kale stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sunflower seeds toasted
- 1 can tart Montmorency cherries pitted and drained (fresh or dried cherries work well too)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Montmorency Tart Cherry juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon clover honey
- ¼ cup Sunflower oil cold pressed
- In a small glass bowl, whisk mustard, salt, pepper, cherry juice, balsamic, and honey until well combined. Slowly drizzle in sunflower oil until emulsified. Note: For an extra special touch you can reduce the cherry juice to a syrup before adding to the vinaigrette.
- Toss chard, radicchio and kale together. Stir in sunflower seeds and dried cherries. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss well. Serve immediately.