My White Cheddar & Provolone Cheese Crackers are addictive! Not only are they easy to make, but they are cheesy, savory and crispy. Think of Cheeze-It, but way better! The combination of creamy white cheddar with the sharpness of provolone give them a terrific balance. The light touch of fresh rosemary makes them perfect for snacking with cocktails or a glass of wine. I personally like to snack on them while binge watching on Netflix.
White Cheddar Provolone Rosemary Crackers
- 1 stick butter - cold and cubed
- Heaping ½ cup each of grated White Cheddar and Sharp Provolone mixed together
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup plus 2 TB AP flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- Put butter, cheese, salt and pepper in the large bowl of a food processor. Save ¼ cup of cheese for the top. Pulse about 12 times until the butter becomes small and crumbled and mixes with the cheese.
- Add the flour to the food processor, and pulse until the dough looks slightly wet.
- Add the Worcestershire and rosemary. Pulse a few more times until the dough starts to come together and can be formed with your hands.
- Dump dough on marble pastry board or silicon mat. Knead with your hands for a minute and shape into a rectangle disk about 1 inch thick. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- Roll the dough out to 1/4 to ½ inch thick. Use your knife to square off the sides for even pieces. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the dough.
- Use a ravioli cutter to cut into 1 inch x 1 inch squares.
- Use any leftover dough trimmings to roll again and make more.
- Place cheese squares on baking pan close together but not touching. They will not spread out. Poke a hole in the center of each one with a chopstick or toothpick.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges just start to darken.
- Cool on a cooling rack completely.
- Store in a airtight container.