Zucchini with Buttered Breadcrumbs
This is an outstanding way to cook zucchini. The buttery, toasted breadcrumbs along with the aroma of garlic and shallots make this appealing to even the hardest-to-please kids.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 TB butter
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1 tsp. each salt black pepper, red pepper flakes
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley minced and for garnish
- Cut zucchini in 1 inch chunks.
- Add butter and olive oil to skillet and heat over medium heat until bubbly.
- Add garlic, shallots and zucchini to pan, and cook for 5-7 minutes until slightly browned. Add salt, black and red pepper.
- Sprinkle breadcrumb over top and mix in. Let it cook another 2-3 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are toasted and have absorbed all the butter and juices.
I was trying to fiqure out what to do with my Zucchini. Well this receipe looks perfect, quick and easy. Cant wait to try it tonight!