Zucchini with Buttered Breadcrumbs
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 TB butter
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1 tsp. each salt black pepper, red pepper flakes
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley minced and for garnish
- Cut zucchini in 1 inch chunks.
- Add butter and olive oil to skillet and heat over medium heat until bubbly.
- Add garlic, shallots and zucchini to pan, and cook for 5-7 minutes until slightly browned. Add salt, black and red pepper.
- Sprinkle breadcrumb over top and mix in. Let it cook another 2-3 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are toasted and have absorbed all the butter and juices.