For a healthy pasta alternative, try Zucchini Zoodles! The long, thick, spiral-cut zucchini noodles are so easy to make! Cook them quickly until al dente, and top with a sauce of fresh roasted cherry tomatoes and garlic. Add a generous amount of parmesan cheese and Oh My – the perfect healthy, low-carb pasta!!
All you need is a good spiral-cutting tool to make this easy and fun! If you don’t have a spiralizer cutting tool, I recommend the Paderno World Cuisine Spiralizer at Amazon . I love it and use it all the time. Watch the video to see how to spiral cut zucchini and make this amazing summer harvest dish!
Zucchini Zoodles with Roasted Cherry Tomato Garlic Sauce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 small-medium zucchini spiral cut ribbons
- 1 small yellow squash spiral cut ribbons
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon each of minced flat leaf parsley & fresh basil
- Combine cherry tomatoes, garlic, oregano, salt, black & red peppers, and ½ cup olive oil in a glass baking dish.
- Roast in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until slightly caramelized and juicy.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, combine the butter and 2 tablespoons of butter in in a large pan on the stovetop until sizzling. Add the “zoodles” and saute until just tender or “al dente”.
- Place the cooked zoodles in a large serving platter. When the roasted tomatoes are done, add all the tomatoes and juice to the zoodles. Mix in the parmesan cheese, parlsey and basil.
- Serve immediately.