Stuffing Waffles is genius. Forget Chicken and Waffles. Thanksgiving leftovers make a fabulous next-day Brunch! A crispy, savory waffle made from leftover stuffing is fast and delicious. Stuffing Waffles go perfect with warmed up leftover turkey, gravy and a side of cranberry sauce.
Take a handful of cold stuffing, smash into a patty and place on a hot buttered waffle iron.
Let it cook about 5 minutes or until crispy.
Heat up the turkey and gravy in the microwave. If you are sick of dishes from the Thanksgiving feast, then serve it all on paper plates with a glass of cold milk. So easy!
My husband scowled and looked disappointed when I told him we were having Stuffing Waffles for lunch. I'm sure he was plotting to sneak out to Culver's for a double cheeseburger instead. However, after eating two Stuffing Waffles loaded with turkey and gravy the last words he said before falling asleep on the coach were "the "stuffles were really good". My job here is done.
Make sure the stuffing is moist enough to smoosh together into a ball. If it is too dry, add a little chicken or turkey broth. You could probably use gravy too. If needed, you could also mix in an egg to the stuffing to help as a binder. You don't want the stuffing to be too wet though or it will steam in the waffle iron and not get crispy. The stuffing I used for this blog post was made with large croutons and torn bread pieces, and was moist enough when cold to hold together.
I also tried using stuffing made with sausage and it turned out great too. It cooked faster with the fat in the sausage so watch that is does not burn.
Thanksgiving Leftovers: Stuffing Waffles with Turkey & Gravy
- 4 cups leftover Thanksgiving bread stuffing
- Preheat 7 inch waffle iron to medium high. If the waffle iron does not have a non-stick surface then lightly butter each grid.
- With your hands mold 1 cup of stuffing into the shape of a 5 inch patty.
- Place the patty on the hot waffle iron and close the lid, smashing the patty. Cook for 5 minutes or until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Gently lift with a spatula and transfer to a plate.
- Serve with warmed up turkey and gravy.
Leave a Reply