Homemade Cream Biscuits is a classic and easy recipe. It requires 5 ingredients – flour, heavy cream, baking powder, salt and butter! It mixes fast by hand, requires no rising or kneading, and bakes in 15 minutes. I like to brush the tops with melted butter when they come out of the oven. Serve them hot with jam and a cup of tea, or as a savory meal with chicken and gravy!
Here is the step-by-step recipe:
Brush the tops with melted butter when then come out. Serve fresh Cream Biscuits the same day. This is a quick Chicken & Gravy made with store-bought rotisserie chicken breast meat; comfort food at its best for kids and adults.
5-Ingredient Cream Biscuits
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 ½ tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the in cream and gently mix with a wooden spoon, Using your hands, continue gently folding and mixing until you have a rough ball of dough. Do not overmix the dough. At this point, it will look shaggy and a little dry.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and with your hands shape the dough into a flat round disk, about 1-2 inches thick. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes. The flour will absorb the cream making the dough more pliable.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut out rounds. Gather together the scraps, roll them out again and cut out more biscuits.
- Place biscuits close together on a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes or until the tops turn golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately brush with melted butter.
- Best served warm same day. Can be reheated for 30 seconds in the microwave.