Dark Chocolate Mint Brownies are that perfect bite of dark fudgy chocolate with a burst of mint! The secret is using dark chocolate cocoa powder, a blend of dark chocolate and mint chips, and serve them cold. I shared this batch with my sisters and nieces. It’s a girl thing. My husband does not know that I have some stashed in a tupperware container in the back of the fridge.
Amazon carries Nestle’s Toll House Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsels if you can’t find them in your local grocery. When you find them, buy a few bags and keep them in the freezer for future brownies. I am not getting any compensation from Nestle’s for the endorsement! I just love these chips.
Dark Chocolate Mint Brownies
- ⅔ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon dark chocolate cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup 1 stick butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Chips & Mint Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8 X 8 baking pan with parchment and let 4 inches overlap on each end. This creates handles that makes lifting easier when cool. Spray the pan and parchment with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and cocoa powder together.
- In a large glass bowl, melt the dark chocolate chips and butter in the microwave. After 1 minute, remove from microwave and stir until smooth and blended. Whisk in the sugars by hand until completely combined.
- Be sure the chocolate sugar mixture is room temperature before adding the eggs. When ready, add eggs and whisk again by hand until combined. Add the vanilla and peppermint extracts and stir.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon, add the flour in ⅓’s and mix until each ⅓ is combined. Do not over mix. Mix in the Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsel Chips.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the brownies cool.
- Lift the cooled brownies by the parchment handles and move to a cutting board. Use a serrated knife to cut in squares. The brownies are excellent kept cold in the refrigerator.