Roasted Chickpeas with Parmesan cheese is one of my favorite snacks! It is healthy and loaded with protein and flavor. It hits that crunch craving every time. Once you see how easy it is to make you'll want to keep these around for those snack attacks
Roasted Parmesan Chickpeas
- 3 15- oz cans chickpeas aka garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Drain and thoroughly rinse the canned chickpeas. Spread chickpeas on several layers of paper towel and let dry for 30 minutes. It also helps to rub the chickpeas in a towel to remove any skins.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, salt and pepper, parmesan and chickpeas. Using your hand, gently mix the chickpeas until they are well coated with the mixture.
- Spread on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until golden and crispy. At 30 minutes they will still be a bit creamy inside. That is how I like them.
- They are best consumed the same day.