Flatbread with Sweet & Sour Onions, Sun-Dried Cherry Tomatoes and Crispy Pancetta is a super easy and delicious savory appetizer. What makes this flatbread special is the blend of intense flavors. Each ingredients is a standout. The smooth sweetness of the onions with a touch of sour, the deep, intense flavor of dried cherry tomatoes, blend perfectly with the fried salty goodness of pancetta bacon and toasty goodness of fresh Parmesan cheese.
Assembly is easy. Use a fresh pre-baked flatbread. They are usually found in the bread or pizza aisle Add Villa Reale Homemade Sweet & Sour Onions and Sun-Dried Cherry Tomatoes. If you don’t have Pancetta, you can easily substitute regular bacon.
Add a layer of freshly grated Parmesan Cheese, some torn basil leaves and black pepper on top. Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
Cut in squares and enjoy a hot, savory, lip-smacking delicious Italian snack!
Flatbread with Sweet & Sour Onions, Dried Cherry Tomatoes and Crispy Pancetta
- 4 ounces pancetta thinly sliced, fried and drained on a paper towel
- 4 Tablespoons Homemade Sweet & Sour Onions by Villa Reale
- 4 Tablespoons Semi-Dried Cherry Tomatoes by Villa Reale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 to rn basil leaves
- 1 6” x 12” pre-baked flatbread
- Brush the olive oil over the flatbread.
- Arrange the pancetta bacon, onions, tomatoes and basil evenly on the flatbread.
- Cover with the grated parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes or until the cheese is slightly melting.
- Cut into squares and serve immediately.
This post is sponsored by Villa Reale U.S.A. Homemade Sweet & Sour Onions and Semi-Dried Cherry Tomatoes by Villa Reale can be purchased at most Jewel-Osco, Safeway, HyVee and Schnucks retail locations. I only work with brands that I truly love and recommend. Thank you for supporting the brands that support HomemadeItalianCooking.com