Chicken Stuffed with Cream Cheese and Chives Wrapped in Bacon is a KETO favorite meal! Yes, it is loaded with fat and calories but that is a good thing when following the KETO Diet. It doesn’t feel like a diet when the food is so filling and satisfying! You don’t have to be on a diet to love Chicken Stuffed with Cream Cheese and Chives Wrapped in Bacon. Make it for Father’s Day and enjoy the compliments.
They are very easy to make. One secret to getting the bacon and chicken breast to be done at the same time is to partially cook the bacon until soft and just starting to brown. This will make it easier to wrap up the chicken bundles too! The chicken breast will cook fast, and the bacon will then be nice and crispy at the same time. Another tip is to use 6-inch wooden skewers to hold the wrapped bundle. I criss-cross the skewers to hold the bacon and chicken bundle in place.
Chicken Stuffed with Cream Cheese and Chives Wrapped in Bacon
- 2 8 ounce chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened (or non-dairy cream cheese substitute)
- 8 -12 strips bacon
- 2 green scallions trimmed and minced
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 6-inch wooden skewers
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Place bacon on a baking sheet and cook for 5 - 7 minutes until soft and slightly brown. Transfer to paper towels and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add minced scallions, salt and pepper to the cream cheese mix and mix with a spoon until incorporated.
- Cut one chicken breast in half lengthwise (butterfly like a book) with a sharp boning knife. Repeat with other breast to create 4 thin cutlets.
- Place 1 or 2 cutlets in a ziplock bag. With a kitchen mallet, pound the thick side of the breast until it flattens and the breast is even all around. Repeat with the other chicken cutlets.
- To assemble, lay one cutlet on a cutting board. Place 1 heaping tablespoon of cream cheese mixture across a chicken breast in the middle. Fold the small end over first and roll up the other end to create a bundle. Leave the seam on top.
- Place the bundle on 2 strips of bacon and wrap around. Use the third strip of bacon, if needed, to wrap any open spots. Use a toothpick or short wooden skewer to secure the bundle. Repeat with the rest of the cutlets.
- Bake on a cooking sheet at 350 degrees for 22 minutes or until the bacon is crispy. The chicken is thin and will cook fast.
- Remove toothpicks and serve immediately.