This is the best BBQ sauce that I know how to make. Something magical happens when you blend fresh peaches with spices and rum. It is also the easiest sauce to make! Just dump everything in a large food processor and voila! Heat and serve. It is fabulous on ribs and chicken and makes a great dipping sauce for sweet potato fries! Be sure to check out the recipe and video for my Spare Ribs with Peach Rum BBQ
Spicy Peach Rum BBQ Sauce
- 5 fresh peaches peeled and cut into large chunks.
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup dark rum I used Kraken dark spiced rum
- ¼ cups cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder or season to taste
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place peaches, ketchup, rum, worcestershire, soy, vinegar, lemon juice, brown sugar, chili powder, dry mustard and cinnamon in a food processor. Blend for 20 seconds or until all peaches are pureed.
- Add the mixture to a small pan on the stovetop. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 30 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat. Serve immediately or cool, and store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for weeks. I never have had enough leftovers to know.