Cheesy Cauliflower Parmesan Tots are one more healthy and delicious vegetable option to serve your family. They are loaded with low-carb cauliflower and grated parmesan cheese and baked for the healthiest option. The results are crispy on the outside, soft in the middle like potato tots, and bursting with hot cheesy parmesan.
I served these with Broccoli Cheddar Bites for a great vegetable side.
Cheesy Cauliflower Parmesan Tots
- 1 large head cauliflower broken into florets
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup reg breadcrumbs
- 2 cups parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring large pot of water to a gentle boil. Add the cauliflower and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the cauliflower is barely fork tender.. Do not overcook. Remove the cauliflower and place on paper towels to drain and cool. Pat with more paper towels to thoroughly dry.
- Working in small batches, add some of the cooked, dry cauliflower to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse for 2-3 times or until the cauliflower looks like rice. Do not pulse longer or it will turn into puree. Remove the riced cauliflower to a large mixing bowl and continue processing the rest of the cauliflower.
- Add the breadcrumbs, eggs, cheese, salt, and pepper to the riced cauliflower and mix to combine.
- Using your hands, grab a palmful of cauliflower mixture and form into smooth, bite-size tots and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Continue forming the tots until all the mixture is used up. It may require two baking sheets depending on the size you make,.
- Brush the tops of the tots lightly with olive oil. (You can also use a spray olive oil, or mister).
- Bake for 25 minutes in preheated oven or until the cheese starts to crisp and get golden.
- Serve immediately.